When it comes to a passion for business, sometimes you tend to forget about sleep. Here I am, more than 2 hours past midnight and I'm researching and trying to find out what new products to sell, how can I best market myself, and asking myself questions like: how come other sellers are doing much better than myself?
Call me crazy, but the past week has been like this for me. Some days, I only sleep for a mere 2-3 hours. There's no doubt in my mind that if you want to truly do well, you must put in the work and time to achieve the ends.
Moreover, I have more than 20 tabs on a single browser (or maybe two)... that I'm constantly switching between windows to look at other parts of the web (and other sites) trying to figure out what I should do next.
Well... there's a lot of things to take into consideration such as: researching the competition, hot new items search, free (yet simple) online publicity/marketing/advertising/etc. (such as this blog), among many other topics that comes to mind.
I wish I had a team or at least 1 or 2 other individuals to assist in my task, but part of the job of being a self-starter working with a low to almost no budget means that you just have to work that much harder. You must have the passion to drive you when nothing else will. Because obviously, the money isn't coming in yet and it won't be as easy as you wish.
Also, I was looking at the traffic reports and notice there was a substantial increase (over 100-200% increase from yesterday). I went from 1 sale on day one to 6 sales to 8 sales. While the orders are still quite minuscule, at least it's some progress and surely something that I must work on. Hence, that is why I'm staying up late at night trying to put things together, figure things out, and to see where I go from here.
See you all tomorrow!
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Late Night Hours
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment